Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Superbowl Hangover

Did you indulge too much Sunday night? Whether it was food or booze (or likely both!) there's no need to beat yourself up about it now. Nearly everyone has a night, an entire day, week, or even a few months where you get off track. Eating the wrong foods, drinking too  much, or a combination of the two often leads to that sluggish feeling that in turn makes you want to skip a workout. Acknowledging you've gotten off track is important so you don't let it snowball into a month of eating badly and not working out.

Just because you did indulge a little for the Superbowl doesn't necessarily mean you've gotten off track though. We went to a party where the food was plentiful, delicious, and there were many unhealthy, yet tempting choices. I tried to taste what I wanted to, eat a little of the unhealthier options, and then fill up on salad and protein. I even had a small slice of cake. Trying to keep the portions in check will help you feel in control of your diet. If you have good portion control (not that it's an easy thing for anyone!) you really can eat anything you want and stay slim. You just can't eat anything you want in any portion you want and stay slim. That would just be too good to be true. If I ever find a way to eat ALL the food and stay thin, I'll let you know. Until then, portion control my friends.

Whenever I've been trying to lose weight, my mindset on how I'm going to do it is the first important step- even before diet/exercise plans. For me, viewing each day individually helps. It's a lot easier for me to avoid sweets for one day versus thinking "I'm never going to have dessert again".

Ok, now it's confession time. C is taking a wonderful nap, and I'm blogging from bed. His long nap is probably due to his less than stellar sleep last night. Even though I'm not doing this circuit now, I will be doing it at the gym with my class tonight- watch out ladies, it's not easy!

Power Nap Circuit-

5 rounds (you can always do more if you're up to it!)

20 squat jumps- make sure you squat LOW, sit that butt back!
1 min up/down planks- start in high plank and lower onto your forearms, then back up

No comments:

Post a Comment