Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Fun


Happy Friday! Yesterday I had a "play date" with another mommy friend, which really is more for us mommies than the little ones. Her daughter is about a month younger than C and it is so cute to see them together. At 3 and 4 months, they actually notice and smile at each other. C even grabbed her shirt, probably to try and eat it. I need to talk to him about gentle play, ha!

My husband was away for work for the first time the night before, and once he got back from his trip, I didn't want to go to the gym. I also didn't have time to get a workout in earlier, so I did a quick one with my 2 guys while they hung out in the living room. C even got in on the action and helped me out with a few moves.

Sometimes I'll take a workout like the one below and break it up into a few different parts to do while the baby is awake and entertaining himself. Usually he'll be in his saucer or on his activity mat next to me. Once he wants my undivided attention, I'll grab him and we'll work out together. He loves it!

As many rounds as you can- I did 5 of the first two moves, and then 1 min/3 rounds for the last 3

20 jumping lunges- start in a lunge, jump up and switch sides
20 up down planks- keep your body in a straight line, try to keep hips even with the floor

1 min scissor kicks- (I held C above me) the lower your legs are to the floor, the harder it is
1 min sit ups- (again, holding baby) kissed him each time I was at the top and he laughed and laughed
1 min alternating side planks- lay baby on the floor in between your hands, he loved looking up at mama


Try this workout and let me know what you think. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment