Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

So...freaking...tired

The first couple of months were really hard in terms of sleep. Or maybe I should say not having sleep. I expected the very beginning to be tough, especially when he was so little that he didn't know the difference between night and day, but once we were at around 8-10 weeks I was spent, and needed some zzz's. When he was first born, he pretty much napped all the time during the day, so I could catch up a little, but once he "woke up" and started to become more alert, there was no time for daytime naps (for mama).

I did this one morning. Stood there and waited for a minute, and wondered why my coffee wasn't done. Maybe I thought the K Cup would just dissolve inside the mug and brew itself?


When he would have a good nap, I found it way more energizing to get a quick workout than try and fall asleep. I've never been a napper, and it takes me too long to fall asleep to even make it worth it. Just like before baby, I've never once worked out and regretted it. I always feel more accomplished, like even if I get nothing else done that day, I've gotten in my exercise- no matter how short or long. That's the moral here, even when you feel like working out is the last thing you want to do, just do it and see how you feel. I promise you won't get into a habit of finishing and think "nope, not worth it".

Things have gotten a lot better in the sleep department, and while he isn't sleeping through the night yet, we both are so much more rested. Here's what a happy baby looks like after about 12 hours of sleep:


Pretty damn cute!

Today is a scheduled rest day for me, and that's a good thing. My legs are so sore from teaching class last night. Every trip up and down the stairs is a nice reminder of all the squats and lunges, and if you came to class I know you're feeling it too.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment