Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Busy Thursday


Today C and I shook things up and headed into the city to meet with my friend Pete Mattis at Zakti fitness http://zaktionline.com/. Pete originally got me into teaching group fitness, and I'm so happy that he has his own studio up and running. We share a lot of the same fitness philosophies; especially the principle that good form is the key to a good workout. You can do a hundred squats with mediocre form and never see results. Tighten up that form and do 10 perfect squats; you'll feel and see the difference.

Pete Mattis
C watched as Pete did a plank


This weekend we are shooting Pete's first fitness video, so we ran through some moves and talked about different ideas. It should be fun, and I'll update after the shoot. 

Another friend, Josh Thornton, will be in the video. Josh runs his own company, My Epic Strength http://www.myepicstrength.com, and he's partnered up with Pete. Josh's workouts are intense- not for the faint of heart! 
Josh Thornton


Zakti
C playing on his activity mat
After getting home from the city, I had about an hour before I had to leave to teach class. When I finally got home at around 7:15 I was exhausted. I threw together a quick and healthy dinner- 2 eggs, 1 egg white, diced onion and red pepper, handful of spinach. I like to make this when I need something quick and light. 

Doused in Sriracha of course!



2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to shoot a fitness video since I was a little girl. Sounds like fun! By the way, I included your blog in my "Blogs I'm loving lately" post today. :) Happy Friday!
    http://thegrassskirtblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for it! Thanks for adding me, I'll check out the rest of the blogs too. Have a great weekend.

      Delete