Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Pinspired

I've recently discovered Pinterest...I know, welcome to 2011. I've pinned a bunch of cool home projects, and recently completed two. The first is a photo wall. Pretty basic, but I was hesitant to go for it before, because I was unsure of spacing and picture sizes. 

The tutorial I read suggested taping up pieces of paper the same size as the photos you're using. That way you can adjust the height and spacing. It took a few times to get the arrangement I liked, and the picture below shows the wall half done. 

I've added a "pin it" button on the blog, so if you're feeling pinspired like me, pin it!

 

My (almost) finished project! The large frame in the middle will hold an 8x10 matted family portrait. I can't wait to get it. 


The other project was a little more involved. I bought matching black frames at Michael's. In each frame I did a little DIY artwork. The first is different shades of gold and silver sparkly paper cut into circles. 


The print below has the same color scheme as the first, so even though they're different, I think they go together nicely. 

I'm SO picky about committing to artwork for the house, so this is a fun and inexpensive way to decorate. When I'm sick of these prints, I can just change it up!


I put the prints in the dining room. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment