Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pumpkin Cinnamon Muffins

After Connor was first born I was constantly starving, and never had the time to really take the time to make a real meal during the day. If I started to, he would inevitably need me, so I started looking for easy snacks I could grab during the day. These muffins are one of my favorite. I've taken a basic cinnamon muffin recipe and replaced the oil, eggs, and milk with canned pumpkin. That swap makes them fat free! The pumpkin also makes the muffins very dense and moist. The texture is different than a regular muffin, and I prefer it.


I made these for one of the Mamas I train, Christina, and she's been asking for the recipe ever since. I'm only about 4 weeks late on this one, sorry! Christina started training with me when her daughter Bella was only 3 weeks old, and I could tell she needed something to keep her energy up. Committing to a fitness plan after having a baby 3 weeks prior is something that certainly deserves a muffin!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)



Topping:

1 T brown sugar

1 T sugar

1/2 t cinnamon

Directions: Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until mixed. Add the canned pumpkin, and work all of the ingredients together until mixed. The batter will be thick. If batter looks TOO thick or is hard to drop into the muffin tins, thin it out with a little milk or water (I use vanilla almond milk because it's what I always have at home). Drop the batter into lined muffin tins- there should be 12 muffins. Combine the topping ingredients into a small bowl, and then sprinkle topping over each muffin. Bake at 400 for 15-18 minutes!


Cute pic of my favorite little muffin ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment