Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Come Meet Me at ZAKTi!

Today marked the last official training session of the "You Better Work, Mama!" workshop, but it's been so much fun that we're going to keep it going.

We meet Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11-12 at ZAKTi. This group has been so much more than small group training. Although the workouts are a very big part of what we're doing (and why the ladies come), I really think they come back for the outlet it provides. Any new mom will tell you how wonderful it is to talk to other moms, moms that are in the thick of it too. 

ZAKTi security crew

Topics of conversation include (but are not limited to): husbands (and how they drive us crazy), sleep, breast feeding, babies that don't sleep, nap training, jerk babies that won't sleep....notice a pattern?


The weather was so perfect that we took advantage and started the workout outside. It's so easy to get outside and use minimal (or no) equipment, and still get a great workout.

Patiently waiting while mamas train

Connor came with me to this session, and patiently waited while Pete was finishing up his group training. 
Workin on his fitness




Delicious stroller

If you're interested in joining us for total body workouts, and so much more, send me an email or leave a comment below. Check out ZAKTi's website!

Now, I have to admit that I've been a bad blogger. I promised to write a post about half marathon training, and have not. To be honest, I haven't written it because I haven't really been doing official training. Since Broad St (5 weeks ago) I've been running 2-3 times in addition to my strength workouts. I've done longer runs of 7, 9, and 10 miles. Hopefully that will be enough to prepare me for the half on Sunday! I'm not running for any particular time, I'd just like to finish!


Just because!
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment