Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Zucchini Cakes

This was a last minute recipe I threw together after reading through a few other recipes for ideas. My in laws grow zucchini, and Connor loves it roasted with olive oil and garlic so they being some when they come over.

I had one very large zucchini left and wanted to try something different. I think my zucchini was probably equivalent to 2 small/medium zucchini. The flour will also depend on how wet your mixture is. Since I didn't fry them in oil, they're healthy, too!


1 very large or 2 medium zucchini
1 egg
1/2 red pepper
1/2 t baking soda
1/4-1/2 C flour
1/2 t garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Gyoza dipping sauce (trader joes)

Grate the zucchini and red pepper into a bowl using a large box grater. Add the egg. Stir everything together. Add the dry  ingredients until the mixture comes together. It will still be wet, that's ok. Add small amounts if the mixture to a non stick pan heated over a medium heat. I use olive oil Pam spray. Cook until browned on one side and then flip. About 4 mins per side. 

Serve with dipping sauce.

Baby approved!


No comments:

Post a Comment