Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Lately, I've been starting each day with a protein shake about 20 minutes after my morning workout. I've never really been that into them before, but I've been bored of my same go to protein snacks, and need something that will fill me up for a few hours. I think I've found a good mix of ingredients that really work well together. The shake is delicious and really does keep me full until lunch.
 
I blend:
 
1 frozen banana (I cut them up and freeze individually in plastic baggies)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use designer whey from Trader Joe's)
1 T smooth peanut butter
1 cup vanilla almond milk (I'm going to get the lower cal version next time to compare taste)
 

 
 
Something else we've been doing lately is jogging over to the park near my house and working out outside. Although I run outside a lot, I usually keep my strength workouts in my living room or the gym. The weather has been much cooler and just too nice to stay inside. I like working out at the park because it keeps me thinking, and using whatever "equipment" is there, like the swings. 
 
Today we did:
 
Quick jog to park
10 pushups
20 tricep dips on park bench
repeat 3x
 
30 jumping jacks
20 squat jumps
20 "pull-ups" holding onto a swing
10 reps of knee tucks from plank position- feet on swing
repeat 3x
 
1 min high plank
30 sec side plank R
30 sec side plank L
 
I then did about 3 minutes of walking lunges, pushing the stroller.
 
Here's an image I found to illustrate the swing "pull-ups".
 

Little buddy was watching me :)
 Our "gym" for the day:

Lastly, a quick pic of Connor while waiting for the Doc at his one year exam. Little peanut is still under 20 lbs at a year! Not sure how he's this small, I swear he eats as much food as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment